Contrary to its name, Labor Day is a day off of work for most people. Labor Day entertaining should also not be so laborious. Whether you’re hosting an open-backyard bash or an intimate dinner with friends, here’s a super-easy treat to make and serve. This dessert takes five ingredients and seven simple steps (and if you’re really short on time, consider making the crust a day or two in advance and store it in the fridge!)
My Peach Blueberry Crisp is a refreshing dairy-free, cane sugar-free, whole-grain, vegan and delicious! Perfect for the final summer weekend - or anytime this Fall.
Peach Blueberry CaveDoodle Crisp
- 1 - 8 cookie package CaveChick CaveDoodle cookies
- 1 - ½ cup organic blueberries (fresh)
- 2 - organic peaches, ripe (sliced & cut into thirds)
- 2 - Tablespoon brown rice flour
- 1 - Tablespoon maple sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Press 6 CaveDoodle cookies into bottom of 9 inch baking dish. Break cookies as necessary to get good coverage but doesn't have to cover perfectly. Reserve 2 cookies. (If CaveDoodle is crispy break and fit cookies on bottom of pie pan to cover. Again, perfectly covering the bottom of the pan is not necessary.)
- In large bowl lightly mix blueberries, sliced/diced peaches, brown rice flour and maple sugar.
- Pour into prepared pie plate and spread evenly. Crumble last 2 CaveDoodle cookies and sprinkle on top of fruit. (If CaveDoodle is crispy use a food processor if you'd like.) Cover prepared fruit crisp with foil.
- Bake 25 minutes with foil. Remove foil and continue to bake for 20 minutes or until crisp edges look a nice brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Slice and serve with your favorite vanilla non-dairy ice cream or whipped topping.