Lentil pasta is a great item to keep in the pantry - whether you’re sensitive to modern wheat or not. Lentils are nutritious, high in iron, fiber, protein and full of essential vitamins. My “go-to” brand is definitely Uddo’s Kitchen Red Lentil Penne. It’s all natural and it’s made of one - yes ONE - ingredient: Red lentils.
Another characteristic of the pasta, is that the texture mimics traditional whole grain or white pasta - you won’t have to worry about any soggy texture with these guys. Which makes this pasta a wonderful base for so many pasta-type dishes.
I’d like to invite you try my recipe for red lentil pasta which uses fresh oregano and flax oil. The recipe is so easy and quick to make, perfect for busy weeknights!
Red Lentil Pasta w/Fresh Oregano and Flax Oil
(Serves 2 - 4, as a meal)
- 12 oz. Uddos Kitchen Red Lentil Penne (prepare according to package directions)
- 2 Tbl. organic fresh oregano, chopped (I like bold flavor so I opt for more fresh oregano - or 2 tsp. of dried oregano)
- 1-2 Tbl. organic flax oil
- Salt & pepper to taste, if desired
- Prepare Lentil pasta according to package directions.
- Chop fresh oregano.
- When pasta is cooked al dente, drain water and return to pot. Add 1-2 Tbl. organic flax oil and chopped Organic Fresh Oregano. Add salt and pepper if desired. Toss.
- Plate or transfer to your favorite serving bowl.
- Serve with a fresh salad or veggie of your choice and enjoy!